                        MEDIEVAL ENGLISH THEATRE
                27 March 2004 - University College Northampton
                                Allegory

Venue

This year the Medieval English Theatre meeting goes to University
College Northampton (UCN) for the first time, kindly hosted by Bob
Godfrey.  Please register as directed below, and send your registration
with payment to John McGavin, 2X Fair-a-far, Cramond, Edinburgh, EH4
6QD, Scotland, as soon as possible.

Please note that an early registration, by 5 January 2004, will be
needed if you wish to take advantage of the special accommodation rates
available at the UCN Management Centre (see below).   As you will see we
need a firm commitment by that date.

If you wish to take advantage of the offer below it would be helpful if
you could, at the same time, please email Bob Godfrey

Programme

Friday
------
For those who wish to arrive on the Friday: we will gather 6.30?7.15 in
The Malt Shovel, a real ale pub in Northampton (map to follow with final
details).  Those who wish to have dinner (and have booked to do so) will
then go on to a nearby (nice but inexpensive) Italian restaurant.
Please remember to indicate on the form if you wish to have dinner on
the evening of Friday 26 March.

Saturday
--------
The day will begin at 10.00 a.m. and finish with the Annual General
Meeting around 4.30p.m.
· Research: the following will give papers at the meeting: John
McKinnell, Katie Normington, Meg Twycross, Elsa Strietman, Bob Godfrey,
Greg Walker.
· Supervision: there will be a short session to discuss possible
collaboration in the area of postgraduate supervision, following the
(un)happy news that the AHRB does not consider us a sufficiently
endangered area to need protected PG funding.
· Annual General Meeting of Medieval English Theatre

Accommodation

For those who wish to stay overnight on Friday 26th March, Bob and I are
strongly recommending the UCN Management Centre. It is on the same Park
campus as the meeting and has been specially lowered in price from £65
to £35 B&B for this conference, provided we can get at least 12 people
by 5 January 2004.  If we do not get the requisite 12 takers for the
Management Centre the special offer will, regrettably, not operate in
which case we will send details of alternative accommodation to those
who had wished to stay there. If you would prefer to make your own
arrangements details of alternative accommodation in Northampton will be
forwarded by John McGavin subsequent to registration.

Cost

The cost, £20.00 per person, includes morning and afternoon coffee/tea
and biscuits, and a buffet lunch with wine (includes vegetarian).  If
you wish to register without lunch, the cost is £13 but we hope that you
will spend the day with other delegates.  The first two full-time
postgraduate students to apply will have the cost of the day paid by
Medieval English Theatre.  Please pass on news of the day to anyone you
know who might be interested in attending. Further copies of this form
can be obtained by emailing John McGavin at [log in to unmask] or by
phoning him at 0131 312 7553 or from the Medieval English Theatre
website: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/users/meth/intro.htm

Registration Form

[Please tick boxes to indicate requirements]

I would like to attend the 2004 Medieval English Theatre meeting
in Northampton on Saturday 27th March.

Name:

Contact Address:

Contact Tel.:                           email:

I enclose a cheque made out to Medieval English Theatre for

|__| £20.00 registration OR

|__| £13.00 registration without lunch OR

|__| £5.00 deposit (balance of £15 due on the day).

|__| I am a full-time registered postgraduate student at…………………….

|__| Please book me into the UCN Management Centre (booking required by
5 January 2004) for B/B Friday 26 March

|__| Please send me details of alternative accommodation

|__| Please include me in the restaurant booking for the evening of
Friday 26 March

|__| I have the following special needs (NB vegetarians please
indicate):

|__| I would like to have parking booked for me, if necessary

Please return the above with payment to: John J McGavin, 2X Fair-a-far,
Cramond, Edinburgh, EH4 6QD, Scotland by 1 March (earlier for Management
Centre bookings, as above).  Further enquiries <[log in to unmask]>

JJMcG

--
Abigail Ann Young (Dr), Associate Editor/ Records of Early English
Drama/