Gerry and Brig,

I developed an intermittent pain early this year that would variously move
from my thighs to the base of my spine, making walking extremely painful
and difficult.    My doctor did an MRI and determined that the best thing
for me would be an epidural.  It wouldn't be a permanent cure for the pain,
he said, but it might help for a while - possibly a year, possibly less.  I
didn't know what to think, but I got around to having the epidural at the
end of July after a very painful half year.

Four months later, the pain has started to return, though mostly on a very
manageable level.  I have no idea as to where I go from here, though - when
I will need another epidural - and how frequently after that.  I do know
that it afforded complete relief immediately and still it affords very
substantial relief from the pain.

I don't know if the same would apply to Brig or not - but it's worth
questioning your neuro on.

Art