Saskatoon Doctor Outraged Over Charity's Antics

SASKATOON   - A Saskatoon doctor says he's disgusted at the way a charitable organization mislead some Saskatchewan
residents.

He says the Parkinson's Support and Research Society lied when canvassers told people they were raising money for
Saskatchewan research.

Dr. Ali Rajput has been researching Parkinson's disease for nearly 40 years, working as a neurologist in Saskatoon, and
chairing the scientific advisory board for the Parkinson's Society of Canada.

Rajput says his name was used by a different group, the Parkinson's Support and Research Society, to scam money.

"The fact is I have not authorized anyone to go door to door to raise funds for my work."

Rajput says neighbours and associates from across the province contacted him after canvassers came to their door.

According to Jill Prichard with the Parkinson's Society of Canada, this isn't the first time they've had a run-in with
the PSRS. She says the PSRS lifted material from one of the society's websites last year, and passed it off as their
own. "They don't actually use our name, but I think the implication is when they are at the door or on the phone
soliciting donors that they are us."

Larry Hefford, the program coordinator for the PSRS, says the organization has one representative in Saskatoon and that
person has never used Dr. Rajput's name to raise money.

SOURCE: CBC Saskatchewan, Canada
http://sask.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=rajput031201

Reference:

Watch Where Your $$$ Go...