hi all

and then greg wrote, in part:
> Tell them we are not little profit centers.
> Tell them we are their brothers and sons
> and mothers and friends and uncles and aunts
> and fathers. Tell them to do their jobs in
> a way that allows them to sleep well at
> night. Tell them that we need their help
> as we fight to save ourselves. Tell them
> to care. Tell them we are them ...

for me
it's a gift
a tough slap-upside-the-head kind of gift
but a gift nonetheless

it forced me to look hard at my life
and at my priorities

i had to make some changes

what i had thought was important
suddenly wasn't

what i had thought was cornball sentimentality
suddenly wasn't

i grew to learn that i had not received
a sentence to a living hell

i grew to learn that any 'hell' was
of my own making and my own thinking

i grew to learn that this is a tough test
is all

i am in competition with no one

i am not being punished

i am being challenged

i will rise to it

and thus find the gift in it

janet

ps
that does not mean that i would refuse help
i am not a martyr
i need intelligent caring people on my side
as much as anyone does
and a smart and sensitive pharmaceutical expert
just might be one of the most important
members of my health care team

--
janet paterson