After reading  the posting by Peggy W. and visiting the neuros today, i
decided to respond.

Here is what I do to COMBAT the burning sensation/pain in my lower legs.

During the weather changes and warmer weather it is harder to decrease
the pain/ burning in my lower legs.  I have autonomic problems also.  I
have tried neurotin, hydromorphone, ultram, water therapy, PT , cardiac
rehab, every type of shoe imaginable over the last 5-6 years.
soooooo...here is what works at the present time.

----I have full custom insoles (different kinds of molding materials)
made by Dr. C. Piel, Ph.D. -orthopeadics  at the Cleveland Clinic.
I don't have diabetes , so check ur insurance for coverage of the
insole, docs time, molds, follow up visits

----Wear skirts.  I can't tolerate fabric.

----wear high quality , running shoes with combo of mesh fabric and
leather, with laces that lace as far down to the toes as possible.
the bottom of the shoe has a waffle track. I found Nike shox, nike
pegasus (running/trail) , max air step are most cushiony and provide
enough support and cushion for my ankles.

Other shoes--

SAS shoes didn't lace low enough to my toes, and the sole/heel cup
isn't deep enough for my ankle, and doesn't provide enough cushion for me

Rockports DMX (?)  great in the beginning, but as I progressed they
provided less cushion, however they do provide great ankle fixation.

Easy Spirit- great that the laces go low enough for leg braces, but the
bottom of the sole wasn't' flexible enough when I graduated from my leg
braces.

Waldenxxxxx- swizerland/germany--  great tie shoes for dress, when u are
just sitting at a restaurant, orchestra, sitting functions

Drews-  very nice soft leather , but lacks the flexibility of the mesh
on top like that of the athletic shoes.

The above shoes that didn't work for me , may work for u.  They are good
shoes, my legs just won't cooperate:)

nancy m