Peggy,

After reading your post on the difficulty you're having with leg pain, I just
thought I would pass on a tip that works for me when I am dealing with a lot
of back/leg pain.

My son gave me a hand held vibrating massager last Christmas (think he got it
at Walmart) and though I had doubts about its ability to do much for my aches
and pains, I find that it really works wonders!  I have it plugged in next to
my bed and I use it in the evenings while I watch TV.  It feels wonderful on
the bottom of the feet and toes.  It really loosens up my calf and thigh
muscles and when I use it on my lower back and hip it just melts away the tightness
and pain.  After 20/30 minutes, I feel so relaxed and relieved that I know
that I will be able to sleep well and will feel better the next day.  I don't
use it every day because I guess I don't want to wear out the "magic" but it
sure does the trick when I am thinking nothing else will. I also take calcium
tablets daily to ward off muscle spasms and do stretching (lots of stretching) to
loosen up my hamstrings, calf muscles and arms.  Then, last but not least,
aspirin and a warm bath always help to take the edge off.  I've found that the
more time I spend in bed the more I have aching, stiffness and pain.  So...with
this combination of treatment and a determination to keep moving I manage to
have some pretty pain free days.

With your disk/spine condition, I would suggest that you have approval from
you physician before you would do any strenuous massage near your spinal cord
or lower back but I think it would be quite safe to use on your leg muscles and
feet and that might be enough to do the trick.

Hope this helps,
Dee