Press Release: Board of Parkinson's Action Network Announce New Executive Director
Amy Comstock Will Oversee PAN Operations

December 1, 2003

CONTACT
Benjamin J. Kirby
202-842-4101

(Washington, D.C.) – The Board of Directors of the Parkinson’s Action Network (PAN) today announced the appointment of
Amy L. Comstock as Executive Director. Ms. Comstock currently serves as the Director of the Office of Government
Ethics. She will begin her appointment at PAN on December 8, 2003.

“We are very pleased to welcome Amy to PAN,” said Board Chairman Jeffrey C. Martin. “She is a strong addition to our
team fighting for a cure.”

“I am grateful to Chairman Martin and the PAN Board for the opportunity to serve PAN and the greater PD community,”
said Comstock. “I look forward to working with the Board, staff, and the community towards the discovery of a cure as
well as to ease the burden of this devastating disease.”

Prior to her appointment to the Office of Government Ethics, Ms. Comstock was Associate Counsel to the President in the
White House Counsel’s Office. Ms. Comstock began her federal service as an attorney at the U.S. Department of Education
in 1988; she ended her tenure there in 1998 as Assistant General Counsel for Ethics. Ms. Comstock began her
professional career at the law firm of Beveridge & Diamond.

Ms. Comstock received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Bard College in New York, and a Juris Doctor degree from the
University of Michigan.

“I look forward to having Amy serve as the Executive Director for PAN,” said PAN President Joan I. Samuelson. “With her
extensive background, she will bring a wealth of experience to our important cause.”

Founded in 1991, PAN is the unified education and advocacy voice of the Parkinson’s community—over one million
Americans and their families. Through education and interaction with the Parkinson’s community, scientists, lawmakers,
opinion leaders, and the public, PAN fights for a cure through increasing awareness about Parkinson’s disease and seeks
increased federal support for Parkinson’s research. For more information on the Parkinson’s Action Network, please
visit http://www.parkinsonsaction.org or call 1-800-850-4726

-- 30 --

SOURCE: Parkinson’s Action Network (Press Release)
http://www.parkinsonsaction.org/whatwedo/Amycomstockrelease.htm

* * *