Update Dec. 10th. to "Houston, We Have A Problem!!"

Mornin' All,

Dec. 10th.  was a "chemo" day for me, the tenth infusion of Gemcitabine, the completion of the fifth cycle...

All went very well, as planned, not like last time, when I was ready for chemo, but my bloodwork dictated that my
immune system was not!!

The good news is that the time off between chemos has allowed my White Blood Count and Neutraphils to recover
somewhat...

The best news is that some parts of the bloodwork are progressively positive, and have been since I started this
agressive chemo...

Fer instance... they do a tumour marker called a CEA test... (CarcinoEmbryonicAntigen) and they are looking for a
"number" that ranges from 0.0 to < 4 ug/L (less than 4)...

My CEA number was 77 when diagnosed back in Aug. this year... (it was 0.3 in 1999)

The chemo has driven it down to 26 by end of Oct. and now 12 at the beginning of December...

Can we get it down to < 4  (less than 4) ????  We're workin' on it, you betcha!!

I am only scheduled for one more "blast" of this chemo, just before Christmas and then the plan to switch to an
Experimental anti-cancer drug... More on that when it is all approved...

How are we all doin' with this Parkinson's / Lung Cancer / Chemo / ?????

Overall, I  still feel fairly healthy... much improved really, no coughin', pretty much got my voice back... only mild
shortness of breath...

Remember, smilin' IS a choice!!  So do your very best and keep smilin'...

I still am !!

cheers ....... Chemo Savvy (murray)

PS: I'm goin' to the Old Timers' Christmas Party and this year I'm goin' as an "Old Timer"!

As Bing Crosby's words run through my Olde Tyme brain....

"Christmas is acomin' and the egg is in the nog,
How about a turkey leg for this hungry dawg..."

"If ya haven't got a turkey leg, a turkey wing'll do,
An' if you haven't got a turkey wing,"

"May God Bless YOU!!"

Now, thoughts of that should get y'all smilin'...

* * *

read the rest of this thread... "Houston - We Have A Problem..."
http://neuro-mancer.mgh.harvard.edu/ubb/Forum71/HTML/008729.html
http://neuro-mancer.mgh.harvard.edu/ubb/Forum71/HTML/008729-2.html
http://neuro-mancer.mgh.harvard.edu/ubb/Forum71/HTML/008729-3.html

* * *