I'm in California and recently got renewal instructions - vision test, photo
and $15.00.

My CG took me down to DMV and I used this walker thing with seat to go up to
counter.  When gal saw it she asked me why and I told her I had PD and she
said I had to take a driver's test.  However when I went for photo,etc., they
said written test and we said "no, that's a mistake/ last week  I got my license
not to expire til birthday 2008.   I have a form that says "DMV employees
Only" on it re PD and the scheduled driver test.  We decided to let it go and see
what would happen - in other words I"m counting on their incompetency.  I
don't drive very far -  only to video store and drive-through Burger King with my
dog, Spike,  and can go on back road.  My CG always drives me the big trip to
Scripps and she said they would inform me before suspending my license, and
give me a chance to take the driving test..  In meantime, I have license which
looks just as good as my last one.

Ray