Mornin' Art,

I'm pretty certain this can happen... (one younger <40 fellow in our Support Group has had the operation here)

3. Globus Pallidal Stimulation. When a patient has already had a unilateral pallidotomy (pallidotomy on one side of the
brain), but continues to have dyskinesias on both sides of the body, the surgeon may recommend stimulation of the
globus pallidus with a deep brain stimulator. This is a conservative alternative to a bilateral pallidotomy
(pallidotomy on both sides of the brain), which destroys brain tissue and risks the permanent impairment of cognition
and language function.

http://www.rewiredforlife.org/faqdetail.asp?ID=6

cheers ...... murray

* * *