I don't know about CCT but DBS has been performed here in France for
about 10 years, now. The reduction in PD meds is real and some patients
after 7-8 years, still take a fraction of what they used to take before DBS.
All operations can have some morbidity or mortality. No op is 100% safe.
It is thought that DBS can benefit 10% of PWPs.
All patients have to have a  careful cognitive evaluation before DBS and
70 years is the limit.
Nobody ever claimed it regenerated dopamine producing cells.
It is not miraculous but at the moment it is the only op. that can give
some relief to patients who have exhausted medical treatment.It is
reversible since the electrodes can be taken out.

Maryse cg JOhn 74,14