I had byladeral DBS  one and a half years go. without it I WOULD BE IN THE NURSING HOME DUE TO SEVERE TREMORS.

BUT, BUT, BUT please read. unexpected complications.

sexual aggression. my poor wife is going to leave me or kill me.
other personality changes but less noticable
slured speech
loss of leg strength directly related to stimulation to control tremor. This is no small thing. If your meds or still giving you a tollerable quality of life, save dbs for later.

yes i would do it again. but only because meds do nothing for my tremor.

the nerosurgen and staff. they MUST DO AT LEAST ONE HALO SURGERY A DAY.  if not, forget them!!!!!!!!
there is NO REASON for  this surgery to take longer than four hours.
if they talk of duing one side this time and four weeks later doing the other side, run screaming from their office. such a person is a crook at best. at worst incompatant. the total cost for bileradel should be about $60,000. not 100k or 250k.
know the cost of programing your stimulators.  this  happens real often at a cost of zero, rare, to $750, common.
will you recieve a control unit as part of the package? no, not a magnet, but a thing that looks like a remote control for a television,$950. these things seem to be hard to get but the first time you a rideing the bus from Fort Worth to El Paso and get turned off by the security walk through at 3am you will want one. there is no doubt when i am turned off, extreme tremor in 6 seconds. but MANY people have trouble telling. the remote control will tell you the condition fo the stimmulator battery, if you are on or off and can turn you on and off.
AND if you must have an MRI have the MRI person call Medtronics IN YOUR PRESENCE. a stupid mri person will kill you. a mri that took 15 minutes before will take over an hour due to the low power settings necessary. yes an hour in the tube!

gwc