I did some searching and discovered that Dr. Dinesh Garg, the neurosurgeon
touted for his new procedures involving "brain surgery", and use of stem cells
(from umbilical cord blood) with "brain cooling", does indeed hold a New
York State license to practice medicine.

He is not, however, trained or qualified as a neurosurgeon, or even as a
neurologist.  His information (in the AMA archives) is:

AMA Physician Select     (Non-Member)

    Information on:
Dinesh Kumar Garg MD

 Physicians -- Update your data
Location:
FLUSHING, NY 11355

Office Phone:
718-584-9000

 Primary Specialty (note):
INTERNAL MEDICINE

Gender:
Male

Medical School:
DAYANAND MED COLL, PUNJAB UNIV, LUDHIANA, PUNJAB,
INDIA
   Graduated 1976

Residency Training:
VET AFFAIRS MED CTR, INTERNAL MEDICINE

 Major Professional Activity:
FULL-TIME HOSPITAL STAFF

American Board of Medical Specialties Certification:
Copyright 2001 American Board of Medical Specialties. All rights reserved.
Internal Medicine

He is an internist, who is not permitted to do any kind of surgery, let alone
brain surgery, in the United States.

It has been suggested that he left New York to return to India when it was
determined that his "facility" in New York, was just a mailing address and not
a real clinic or hospital.

Again, please be cautious!

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
510-849-2555     FAX: 510-849-2557
<http://www.rafink.com/>
"Ex Tristitia Virtus"

Disclaimer:  That which is written in my e-mail is not to be
considered as "medical advice".  Such advice can only be
given after a formal, in-person, consultation between
doctor and patient.