Though I have had tremendous positive feedback and supportive replies from
many individuals concerning our Quest for a Cure, it is amazing to me the
response from the medical community itself!  Being the optimist that I am, I
expected the news of Dr. Garg to be professionally evaluated and have some
modicum of respect and encouragement, at least serious inquiry into the
postive and beneficial things he has done.  Rather, the doctors are the
first to try to question the credibility of a doctor that has been in this
country 32 years (as an American citizen)  practicing and researching in
such a manner as to have discovered facts and pursued ideas that have gone a
positive direction to provide real answers to application of research to
human beings.  He has done the mice and the monkey research himself (others
continue to do "fund raising" and keep pushing the promised "cure" back
farther - 5-10yr projections now!) and he has already moved on to making a
difference in at least a few people's lives.  From what I know of his
background, he at least has done "no harm" and takes human suffering
personally and seriously. He has no ambitions for "fame and fortune" and is
focused on doing what he feels he is best able to do - contribute to
medicine in a meaningful way. Judd and I know that fact about him just from
our specific dealings with him the past 4 months.  We have not found such to
be the case with many "notorious" doctors we have struggled to find relief
through for sometimes years! (If he was a "fortune seeker", he would be
clammering to get on Oprah's stage or somewhere in the news - he's not,
though I'd love for M.J.Fox or someone with real public impact to open his
story to this country).   The questions about "credibility" (board
certification etc.) are fine and will be addressed in the proper time and
place, but not as a result of an "interrogation" of suspicion on an internet
information list.  Dr. Garg deserves more professional courtesy and to be
given more dignity than what I have seen so far, from all the medical
community I've approached about his story.   Where is the professional
interest and focus on the fact that he might just be onto significant
answers pertaining to severe illnesses and conditions and methods of
performing successful neurosurgical procedures?  Has anyone seen anything he
has done or published himself that states that he knows THE answer or all
the answers? No. Why do the people who offer new and creative anything
(sometimes not recognized for many years)get persecuted and criticized
quickly, with any admission of truth begrudgingly given only if forced to by
the facts "in the end"?  Legitimate caution is one thing - but lack of will
to work together toward the good and the truth is another.  Where is the
positives to balance out this negativism that keeps coming?  I have my
suspicions it comes from the dominence of egocentrics, greed,
jealousy,prejudice and humans lack of Godly perspective that pervades this
world.  So it will take individuals to make a difference....and I will
continue to try to do my part.  Dr. Garg also welcomes the truth to come to
light...for he knows who he is and what he has done...and all the cynicism,
skepticism, and political agendas will not change that...I only hope some
individuals truly looking for change will be found soon and be able to
help - I long for all persons to be spared the pain I see in my husband's
eyes each day as he loses control of his life to the misery of
Parkinsons...Marie