I thank Maryse for such an informative response.  Below I have addressed
some of the topics:
----- Original Message -----
From: "M.Schild" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 2:20 AM
Subject: Re: DBSvsCCT

> I don't know about CCT but DBS has been performed here in France for
> about 10 years, now. The reduction in PD meds is real and some patients
> after 7-8 years, still take a fraction of what they used to take before
DBS.
It is a super thing to know some people are being relieved in their pain and
suffering - that is what medicine should be all about.
> All operations can have some morbidity or mortality. No op is 100% safe.
So true - the Cord Cell Therapy has potential for morbidity or mortality (as
all surgery does) but Dr. Garg is only stating that none has been seen in
the many cases he has worked on.
> It is thought that DBS can benefit 10% of PWPs.
All the more grounds for why all legitimate, true endeavors by medical
personnel anywhere(especially Dr. Garg with his experiences)  should be
taken seriously and not dismissed "out of hand" - it takes precious time
away from those who are suffering this very moment!
> All patients have to have a  careful cognitive evaluation before DBS and
> 70 years is the limit.
My husband has been "ruled out" as eligible - therefore, rather than
dispair, we are "going for the gold" and working to find a better way now
that medicines have proven ineffective...
> Nobody ever claimed it regenerated dopamine producing cells.
Neither is Dr. Garg - he is making the comparison for people to think about
the improved possibilities that can come from renewed dopamine PRODUCTION
within their brain.
> It is not miraculous but at the moment it is the only op. that can give
Dr. Garg stands ready at a time in history when this country may have an
opportunity to find new operations and new improvements and MAKE THEM
AVAILABLE  SO PEOPLE CAN MAKE THE BEST CHOICE IN CARE FOR THEMSELVES.  Is it
right, with so many lives at stake, to be content with the "status quo"?
> some relief to patients who have exhausted medical treatment.It is
> reversible since the electrodes can be taken out.
Any brain surgery has some stressful impact on anyone - especially being
done without anesthesia - so why would anyone want to opt for something they
feel they will have to "undo" -Dr. Garg has done 3 CCT after DBS failures -
I trust he knows of what he speaks...The information on the possibilities
Dr. Garg offers(without unfounded prejudice) MUST BE MADE AVAILABLE TO
PEOPLE OR THIS COUNTRY IS PARTICIPATING IN THE WORST KIND OF CENSORSHIP...(I
notice the DBS info is forwarded but not the CCT - why?)

> Maryse cg JOhn 74,14
>

> > DBS vs. CCT
> >
> > A following comparison is drawn on factual information, for education
purpose ONLY. This is offered in the hope of giving each patient a concise
view, so that s/he has a better idea of what is the best course of action to
help her/him overcome her/his condition:

> > (As per Garg's definitive therapy)
> >
> > Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS)
> >
> >   1.. Stimulates the Subthalamus by electric wires (PD does NOT occur in
Subthalamus)
> >   2.. Subthalamus does NOT produce dopamine inhibition (neither do
electric wires).
> >   3.. Therefore, patient REQUIRES dopamine, throughout life-time, even
AFTER DBS.
> >   4.. Results in FALSE reduction of medications (Initially, overdose to
"sell" DBS; afterwards, reduce med).
> >   5.. No medical rationale for it to"work". After DBS, patients have
asked for removal, as they are miserable.
> >   6.. Only temporary relief, for a few months. Does NOT stop worsening
of PD.
> >   7.. Patients have experienced side-effects, complications, infections,
maladjustment, including death.
> >   8.. Has NO capacity to regenerate or revive dopamine-producing cells.
> >   9.. Commercially promoted, on false
> >   data, to influence FDA.
> >
> >   10.. Lately, Medtronics to replace DBS
> > by GDNF infusion, as DBS failing.