Around 25 years ago my wife got PD.
The first 5 years the medicine worked she could drive, take care of us at home and her work, but slowly she got worse she had to stop working, driving, and at the end the work at the house too.
The last 10 years i have been paid by the community to take care of her, 24 hours a day..
I have made the food and given it to her, taken her around in a weelchair, helped with her spasms, they lasted around 6 to 8 hours a day and so on. No complain, it is the best job i ever have had, but just to tell how it was.
The 19th of february 2002 i got a new wife, it was the day where Bodil got her DBS. The day started at 8 o'clock in the morning, the offer of the day was a free haircut. It was a very long day, she came out at 5 o'clock, but at once i could feel her toes were relaxed for the first time in many years.
To day Bodil walks around, she can help in the house, she can take up her grandchild and give her a hook, we can take part in social life again, the spasms have gone, we sleep mostly in the nights, all together we have got a new life.

Many many years ago we had here in Denmark a king who said: "let everyone be blessed in his beliving", and i think we here comes to the same, we can pass on our expirences, but when we goes to tell do this or dont do that we are going to take a very big responsibility, here everyone has to make up his own mind, and do it in the right time. In the 25 years that have gone we have heared many times now the cure is here.
Every time it has been false, and in the waiting time, time is passing on, and suddenly you are getting too old, too ill or too .....something.
We have been to a meeting for people who had DBS done were, the outcome was different, but to the question will you do it again, everyone said yes.

Georg Larsen.