Dear colleagues,

European Medieval Drama 7 (2003) has just been published. Full details of its contents are provided below. This is the first volume of EMD to be published under the aegis of the new agreement between the publishers, Brepols (http://www.brepols.net), and the SITM (http://burgundy.byu.edu/sitm). Paid-up members of the a SITM benefit from substantially reduced subscription rates. For subscription to the SITM, please contact Jesse Hurlbut ([log in to unmask]).

We are now planning EMD 8 and 9, and invite colleagues to send in contributions for these volumes. As you probably know, we publish original academic research, in either English or French, on any aspect of mediaeval European drama. We also publish translations into English of non-English mediaeval plays. We do not set out to publish reviews of all books published in our field, but we do normally include a small number of reviews of important works. We always welcome suggestions as to which books we might consider reviewing. If anyone has any queries about the possibility of making a contribution to EMD, please do not hesitate to contact the editor. We can also send potential contributors a copy of the EMD stylesheet.

Graham Runnalls

******************************
Graham A. Runnalls
General Editor
European Medieval Drama

85A Colinton Road
Edinburgh, EH10 5DF, UK

+44(0) 131 337 1737

******************************

European Medieval Drama 7

Articles

Tom Pettitt, "Dramatic Aspects of Early Lyrics and Traditional Songs"

Carol Symes, "The Performance and Preservation of Medieval Latin Comedy"

Clifford Davidson, "The Bodley Christ's Burial and Christ's Resurrection: Vernacular dramas for Good Friday and Easter"

Kate Matthews, "The Convent Dramas of the nuns of Origny-Sainte-Benoite"

Michel Rousse, "Une représentation théâtrale à Rouen"

Marie Bouhaïk-Gironès, "Le Procès des farceurs de Dijon (1447)"

Bruno Roy, "L'imprécation 'sans le mien!' (Pathelin, v. 546-547) et les malices de Guillemette"

Vicki Hamblin, "No stone unturned: Uncovering the performance history of the Siège d'Orléans"

Book Reviews

Mario Longtin, review of Darwin Smith's edition of Pathelin.

Nerida Newbigin, review of Elissa B. Weaver, Convent Theatre in Early Modern Italy: Spiritual Fun and Learning for Women.

Vicki Hamblin, review of Gérard Gros's edition of the Siège d'Orléans.

Jelle Koopmans, review of Vicky Hamblin's edition of the Siège d'Orléans.