On 31 Dec 2003 at 11:40, Gladys Andres wrote:

> Bob , how can you be sure this fish oil is not from fish raised in
> fish farms and therefore safe? Best. Nita

The question that I raised regarding fish oil was not specifically directed at
the mercury contamination issue (which is concerning alone).  It was related
to someone speaking about cod liver oil, which is high in Vitamin D content
(that's what it was used for when I was a child), and it is easy to get an
overdose of Vitamin D with toxic results.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"