I saw this on our local NBC station on Health Link, plus there was this
on their link.

http://www.king5.com/health/stories/NW_010204HEKparkinsonsEL.1038ae444.h
tml

Audrey

Wearable computer helps memory
05:51 PM PST on Wednesday, December 31, 2003

By JEAN ENERSEN / KING 5 News

"I've been looking at memory support for a number of years now, because
I'm kind of forgetful myself," said MIT inventor Rich Duvaul.

So Duvaul designed a wearable computer for the brain.

Can't remember names?

Wearable technology helps boost your brain power.
"My wearable has the ability to recognize people," he said.

The matching name then flashes up on a tiny screen attached to the
wearer's glasses. But you don't actually read the name.

"It's so brief, you can't consciously perceive it," said Duvaul.

Because it's hidden in a tiny matrix, it's less disruptive and won't
throw you off.

Can't remember your grocery list?

"Maybe once a second you would get another ingredient, flashed for about
six milliseconds. That's six thousandths of a second," said Duvaul.

Rick designed the device for Parkinson's patients, then realized anyone
could use it.

The system not only boosts your memory, it actually helps improve it,
kind of like using flash cards.