Salmon farms are tested by the Feds for water quality. What you can do
is call the grocery store
that carries your Salmon and inquire as to what farm(s) they come from.
Then call that farm
and inquire about what agency tests their water and get a report.
Sounds like some work
is involved, but worth the effort.  Here are some links concerning
Salmon farms.  You can
also find out from "both sides" of the issue.  Mercury levels differ in
fresh Salmon.

But, rest assured, that there are pollutants in everything you eat, from
FARM raised
to wild salmon.
The air we breathe has pollutants too, but it is the ppm and amounts
that you need
to look at.  There are some companies that advertise "mercury-free"
salmon ONLINE,
but I have not verified or "checked them out".

http://maine.sierraclub.org/demand_strong_water_quality_stan.htm
http://www.choosefoodchoosefarming.org/food/salmon.htm