John, can you respond to this inquiry?  Love /mom

-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Susan Niffenegger
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 4:40 AM
To: [log in to unmask]

My boyfriend, who is a Swiss citizen, has young onset PD (he is 34).  We are
currently investigating what all would be involved if he were to move to the
US, and are running into a lot of questions.  First off, how difficult will
it be for him to find a job, given his health (i.e., will co.'s be afraid to
hire him b-c of insurance risks; he already has visible symptoms of PD)???
Also, he has considered working on a freelance basis once in the States, as
this would give him more flexibility with his hours (he currently works p-t
in Switzerland).  Problem with this is health insurance: the insurance that
covers him in Switzerland will only cover him for up to 6 months once in the
US.  Therefore, we are interested in finding out if there are any health
insurance co.'s out there that would be willing to insure him.  Does anybody
have any recommendations?  Any insight-help is much appreciated!  Thanks!