In a message dated 1/2/2004 11:01:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
Yet, large companies are always the bad guys in this society, never do they
do any good but hurt poor people, I think not always.
***
I don't think that was said or if it was, I haven't read it yet.  We need the
drug companies and their research, certainly, and somehow it must be funded.
However, if long-term illnesses like PD were cured, let's face it, they would
stand to lose a lot of money.  I went with my mother once to the pharmacy
(this was at least 12 years ago now) and her meds plus my father's meds were
nearly EIGHTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS -- for ONE MONTH.  Most of the drugs were for my
father's PD.  The purchase was made by credit card because they had no
insurance at the time.

Carrie