 > I too eat salmon and enjoy it. I would look into farmed fish in New
 > Mexico as I did in Houston. I adore red fish but have avoided it. Why
 > are fish farms polluters? Nita

Mainy because of the high concentration of fish in a small area. High
concentrations mean diseases and diseases mean medicaments and
disinfectants. The water
used for the farms is then released in the sea but it is highly
'charged' and kills a lot of the plancton and other small animals and
plants. Also the 'red' fish is red because of some substance they add to
the food ( I cannot remember its name). This substance is toxic for the
human eye and will be withdrawn as from this year I think . It has been
used for many years and its toxicity has been known also. This substance
is also used for hens so the yokes look healthy. Wild fish get their
colour from eating shrimps.
Maryse cg John 74,14