Gerry,

What Brig has sounds so much like the way I felt at this time last year,
except I'm careful not to fall.  I was given an epidural last July.  The
pain disappeared
then, but it is starting to return a bit now.  Sometimes now I wonder why I do
the stutter-step: is it because I fear losing my balance or because I am afraid
I will put too much weight on my leg, find it hurting, and buckle - but not
nearly as badly
now as before.

Has your neurologist considered this as a solution for Brig's problem?

Art