I am not sure why you are taking Propranolol, but as far as I know it is
*not* a med for PD or PD related symptoms. "Propranolol is a non-selective
beta-adrenergic receptor blocking agent". It is a beta blocker
(cardiovascular) and also lowers the bloodpressure.

K. F. Etzold cg Carline

                      Paul Edstrom
                      <[log in to unmask]        To:       [log in to unmask]
                      >                           cc:
                      Sent by:                    Subject:  New Member
                      "Parkinson's
                      Information Exchange
                      Network"
                      toronto.ca>

                      01/26/04 11:25 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "Parkinson's
                      Information Exchange
                      Network"

Hi all,
Just signed on so I plan to do a lot of reading before I get active
posting. I'm a good lurker anyhow.

Stats:
Age: 62 (retired at 55)
Wife: Donna an RN and knowledgeable advocate!
On the web since 1993
Dx: Dec 2002 (Previous Dx "Essential Tremor")
Mild symptoms for 6-7 years
Meds: Propranolol for tremor (20mg x 4); Lipitor; Vit E,C, multi
Dr: Paul Tuitt, U of Minnesota (next appt 3/04)
Decision time: When to start the "heavy duty" stuff

I've read most of the recommended reading and am impressed with the fine
tuned knowledge of this group. I know that will be a huge benefit as my
pd progresses.....
I'm looking into study opportunities but most seem to be on the east or
west coast. :-(

Regards
Paul Edstrom

To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to: