On 23 Jan 2004 at 9:00, Brightline wrote:

Hi Carrie:
    What does this mean?
"Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
    Can you please translate this for me?

    Thanks.

    Raj

* * *

Carrie and Raj, you have ignited my curiousity ...

GOOGLE reveals...

The Romans had a phase: "Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
which is often translated as "Who Guards the Guards", but more
accurately should read "Who watches the watchmen?"
http://www.it-director.com/article.php?articleid=1127

Juvenal (D. Iunius Iuvenalis)
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Satires, VI.347-8)
But who will guard the guardians themselves?
http://www.forumromanum.org/latin/quotations.html

cheers ..... murray