On 23 Jan 2004 at 21:42, Rayilyn Brown wrote:

I read somewhere that a study showed that taking ibuprofen prevented PD.  It
can't hurt to take it for pain - I do every night so I can sleep.

* * *

Hi Ray and All,

Study: Painkillers may cut Parkinson's risk
Wednesday, August 20, 2003 Posted: 12:12 PM EDT (1612 GMT)
http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/conditions/08/18/preventing.parkinsons.ap/

also reads (in part)

The findings suggest that doctors would need to treat 98 people with anti-inflammatory drugs for about 10 years to
prevent one additional case of Parkinson's.

and...

But because NSAIDs can cause gastrointestinal bleeding and other problems, more research is needed to determine if any
anti-Parkinson's effects they may provide outweigh the risks, Schiess said.

I say "Think"....
cheers .... murray