 IMMORAL to ban human cloninig
 Quartzsite Times
 ... A surgeon "plays God" whenever he removes a cancer or an infected
 appendix ... has put off for a year any decision regarding cloning to
 produce stem cells ...
http://www.blythecanews.com/BLYTHECANEWS/myarticles.asp?P=883467&S=395&PubID=11897

Here is a contrarian view on human cloning!
This pilosopher-Theologian argues for human cloning!

It reads very well as an argument for the sake of an argument.  A highly
irrational argument at that! I cannot buy any of these arguments.  The
Questions even he should worry about are these:
    What are the chances that every one of the clones is going to develop
normally?
    What is going to happen to all the embryos that may be half grown and
cannot develop into a human being since we do not know a damn thing about
how to go about cloning a human being yet?
    What happens when the embryos develop into imperfect humans with mental
and physical deformities?
    Where is the guarantee that we can clone a human being without any
deformities?
    Who is going to be responsible for these imperfect or even
half-developed human beings?
    How are going to handle the situation?
    Does he recommend killing all those imperfect human beings?
    Who is going to decide who dies and who lives?
    Do we have the right to clone somebody imperfectly and then kill them,
if they do not develop normally?
    Is it not criminal to "create" humans with developmental abnormalities
willingly?
    This person should put himself in that unfortunate situation of not
developing into a normal human being and then answer these questions.
    Above all the following reverberates in my mind when I think about human
cloning:
        What is the great need for human cloning?
        Do we not have enough human beings inhabiting the earth?

    Raj
********