Ray and Murray:
    I am talking out of my own experience with ibuprofen.
    I am having severe body pain especially in my right shoulder, very
similar to what  I had about eight yeasrs ago before I was diagnosed with
PD. (Sometimes I have this wishful thinking:  I feel a pattern in my PD
symptoms as if I am retracing backward all the symtpms in the reverse
direction.  May be my PD is retreating the way it enered my body!)   I
strongly believe that inflammation causes pain.  When this happens
inflammatory cytokines are secreted into the blood.  This may travel to the
brain and aggravate the PD symptoms.  Or it could be the other way around.
We may have inflammation in our brain; but wemay not feel the pain because
it is under the control of sympathetic nervous system.; secreted cytokines
may travel through blood and cause pain in the most wornout body parts.
    Now that I know inflammation will aggravate and hasten the pogresion of
PD. Therefore,  I started taking one ibuprophen / day for about three weeks.
All of a sudden one day, I could not fit into my pants, I mean all of them!
My weight was up slightly and my BP was even higher reaching 170/110 when I
was walking.  I checked in the literature and there it was.  Ibuprofen
increases your blood pressure, (I think by making our absorption of nutrient
very efficient, and therefore creating a mild constipation).  I took blood
tests and nothing aswrong.  Yet I started taking ACE inhibitors. Nothing
happened.  When I saw the mischief by ibuprofen in raising  my BP and
increasing my wait, I stopped taking it and started taking celebrex.  Within
four days, I started fitting into my pants again and my blood pressure
marginally decreased.  In addition, ibuprofen can cause intestinal bleeding.
Celebrex may also cause bleeding as well as kidney problems if you take it
for too long!

    Not all non-steroidal antiinflammatory drugs work the same way.  I would
avoid taking them as a matter of habit.  If I have to, I would careully
monitor my health nd be on the lookout for the above michieves.
    Don't go by theTV commercials. Most of them are very irresponsible and
they just want to sell us something.

    You are right, Ray! Acetamenaphen also falls in that category.  It also
can aggravate the prostate problen, in people with benign prostatic
hyperplasia.

    Aspirin reduces your glutathione level; so you cannot take that either.

    Boy! Do we find ourselves in an unenviable position or what?

    Raj