My two cents worth:
    I agree that it mightmake sense to have a separte forum for political
views.  But, in practice, I don't think I can handle another forum just for
politics. Because of the following reasons:
    I aleady spend about 2-3 hs every in reading the three services:
AsktheDoctor, Askhedietitian and the PIEN forums. I don't think Ishallhave
timefor another forum.
    Besides, thhis is the place where we all meet on a daily basis.
Therefore, we all learn about the different viewpoints.

    All we have to do is put our points across passionately but politely and
respectfully, without insulting others.  I think everybody has a right to
vent their views  But, don't attack the messenger.

    We are all suffring excruciating pain and hardship due out disease.  I
am sure we can tolerate the opposite point of view without necessarily
agreeing to it.

    Raj