Mouse Sequel Hopes to Nab Fox Again
Sat, Jan 24, 2004, 01:01 AM PT
By Mike Szymanski

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) -- "Stuart Little 3," the continuing story of the animated mouse who becomes part of a human
family, will be made into a fully-animated straight-to-video sequel.

"There's a gigantic audience out there for this, but it would not pay to make it a full-out feature," says Douglas
Wick, who produced the first two movies and co-wrote "Stuart Little 2."

The popular E.B. White book made $140 million when it was brought to the big screen in 1999 with Oscar-winning actress
Geena Davis and Jonathan Lipnicki as part of the live-action Little family and Michael J. Fox as the voice of the
mouse.

The cast re-united for the 2002 "Stuart Little 2" which cost $120 million to make, but brought in a disappointing $65
million.

"People love Stuart, but it would just be too expensive to try it again for the big screen," says producer Lucy Fisher,
Wick's wife, in an interview with Zap2it.com. "And we do hope to get Michael J. Fox to do the voice again."

Just before he voiced the popular mouse, Fox revealed he was suffering from Parkinson's disease. Although he has
retired from being in front of the camera, he is continuing to do character voices, including "Magic 7" for an animated
TV show next year. There's no word yet whether he can do Stuart again.

Wick says, "We just got the script and we like it, but this time there will be no live characters, it will all be CGI
(computer generated images)."

SOURCE: Zap2it.com
http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/story/0,1259,---20234,00.html

* * *