-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Christopher Gearhart
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 5:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: HELLO

My name is Christopher Gearhart. I am fast approaching 32 and was diagnosed
with PD about 2 years ago. I am an accountant working for the government but
will be leaving my job here in the next few months after I graduate law
school
in June 2004 where I will be working as an "in house" counsel with New York
Life.
I have been trying (almost in vain) to try and find/talk/locate others that
are in their 30's who also have been diagnosed with PD. I would like to
obtain
information on what I should expect in the years to come, how long I should
be
able to function "normally", etc. I am on the normal meds one would expect
but my doctor has recently placed me on a low dosage of L-Dopa. Maybe she
knows
something I don't since I have been advised early on that she would try to
keep me off certain meds for as long as possible.
If there is anyone out there that would like to share their personal
experiences and/or expertise I am a very willing listner.
Thank you for your time.
Christopher Gearhart