Hi all,

I suggest we look at the Parkinsn List  Charter for guidance. The
guidelines do not prohibit political discussions. They do say :

"Subscribers are responsible for conducting themselves in accordance
with the policies contained in this Charter or Guidelines.

Parkinsn membership is multi-national, multi-cultural and
multi-denominational; therefore,  Parkinsn is not the forum for promoting
or criticizing ethnicity or religion. Since we are a multi-national
community, care has to be taken so as not offend the sensibilities of
multi-ethnic members. Off-color postings and comments damage our
cohesiveness.

Subscribers are free to discuss ideas, but disparaging remarks directed
toward those who adhere to different viewpoints are not acceptable.

Keeping the spirit of loving, caring and respecting one another in the
forefront  in Parkinsn List discussions and the focus  balanced with
those ideals in mind is an important goal."

 I  think that the current problem is not in the topics being discussed
but in the manner that a few listmembers have been responding to other
listmembers.

As a number of  others have already stated,  we should respond to one
another with courtesy and with respect for differening viewpoints. No one
 should not be criticized or bashed for their opinions and beliefs.

I do not believe that creating a separate list for politics is a good
idea . These issues are of vital importance to our lives as PWP.

Full  list Guidelines are at:
http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com/parkinsn.html

Linda Herman