Joan, I don't know if you remember or not, but Cong. MacDade from Pa. would
not make his PD known because of this very argument. He had to evidentially
because of circumstances, but to give credit where it is due, he worked behind
the scenes to make the Defense Dept. begin their research on PD.  I remember
this well because he sat in front of me and told me he would not bring his
Parkinson's out into the open.  I was annoyed and told him and when I found out
about the Defense Dept. work, I saw him in his home district and I apologized to
him.
 I happened to be in Washington with Cong. McHale from my district( you might
remember the only Democratic Congressman to ask for Clinton to resign) when
he had the phone call from Layne Evans telling him of his diagnosis. They were
very good friends, but hat was quite a few years ago, and I think Cong. Evans
has done a remarkable job, PD or no PD.
Thank you for the response, if you will give me her campaign office phone
number, I will call and voice my opinion.
Thanks,
Gerry