On 27 Jan 2004 at 10:38, KF Etzold wrote:

> I am not sure why you are taking Propranolol, but as far as I know it
> is *not* a med for PD or PD related symptoms. "Propranolol is a
> non-selective beta-adrenergic receptor blocking agent". It is a beta
> blocker (cardiovascular) and also lowers the bloodpressure.
>
> K. F. Etzold cg Carline

Propranolol is a standard treatment for "essential tremor" (non-Parkinsonian).
If the diagnosis is "essential tremor", then it is a good treatment for same.  It
is not felt to be effective in the treatment of Parkinson's disease.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
510-849-2555     FAX: 510-849-2557
<http://www.rafink.com/>
"Ex Tristitia Virtus"

Disclaimer:  That which is written in my e-mail is not to be
considered as "medical advice".  Such advice can only be
given after a formal, in-person, consultation between
doctor and patient.