Dear Inkshedders,

I know probably none of you would be interested this summer in 6
concentrated days of quiet writing to make headway on a project of your own
choosing . . . (!) but just in case---

you might want to check out this 6 Day Writing Workshop on Cortes Island in
August. It will be taught by Sondra Perl, a long-time friend and colleague
whose work has been important to me. I know from experience that her
writing workshops are productive (they result in a lot of writing, and
almost always writing I can use to get started on difficult writing tasks)
and energizing (they help me write more, focus better, and want to *keep*
writing after the workshop is over) -- and I hear that Hollyhock, a retreat
center on Cortes Island, just off of Vancouver, is spectacular.

Workshop Title: Felt Sense: Writing with the Body
Dates: August 6-11
Place: Hollyhock on Cortes Island, BC. Hollyhock offers vegetarian food,
simple accomodations, free yoga, all you can eat oyster cookout on Sunday
evenings, an abundance of flowers and awesome ocean views.
Cost:  $495 CND. Room and board extra (but reasonable).

To find out more, download the PDF file on the CASLL website
http://www.stu.ca/inkshed/perl.htm

or go to www.hollyhock.ca

and then look for Sondra's workshop under the dates August 6-11. Or call
800 933 6339. If you have questions and want to contact Sondra directly,
her email address is <[log in to unmask]>.

If you know of others who might be interested in a great opportunity to
write and relax this summer, please pass this on...or write to Sondra and
she will be happy to send you flyers to distribute.

Betsy