Hello CASLL listservers!

I need some help...

I run the Writing & Learning Centre (WLC) at the Ontario College of Art &
Design.  There are 3400 students at OCAD.  The WLC supported 420 one-on-one
sessions with students last semester (we are open on Saturdays).  We run
workshops (customized for specific classes and general ones for all
students), provide resources (tip sheets, etc), and have recently
implemented a supplemental instruction program (read: study sessions) for
high attrition courses in our Liberal Studies curriculum.

I also run a separate faculty/educational development program for OCAD
faculty through the office of the VP Academic.  At the moment, this program
is very small-scale and involves offering workshops and producing the
Faculty Guidelines handbook.

Here is my concern...

OCAD is currently involved in institutional, strategic planning and I am to
put together a 5 year plan for the WLC.

I am very interested in getting the following information from those of you
who direct/coordinate writing centres across the country (I have already
called some of you...).  The information I want is not easily found on the
web.

*       Director/Coordinator, writing centre job descriptions including
details about rank/non-rank, percentages admin and teaching/research,
sabbatical allowances, teaching in what department/area, amount of teaching
(course load).
*       Staffing at writing centres: admin (how many? full or part-time?),
teaching (how many? what kind? TAs or other?).
*       Who does the director/coordinator report to?
*       Total amount of students at your institution.

Obviously I am looking to develop my area.  Your help will aid me in my
strategic planning.

Thanks you so much in advance, Best, C.

Christina Halliday PhD

Writing & Learning Counsellor