Hi Henry and Jo-Anne,

Indeed, yes, the loss of our once proud and vibrant WC has been noticeable
and there are obvious anomalies and ironies in establishing new writing
requirements in the curriculum without a resource for students.  But there
are plans for such a centre and I hope it will happen sooner rather than
later - students are agitating for it and there's administrative recognition
of the need and a will to do something - now it's money they are looking
for!  What's new!

The details of what happened and why are all wrapped up in the politics of
the English department - tiresome and well behind us.  Our Centre is out of
the department and that's where we plan to stay.  We're also pretty vibrant
ourselves and having a great time getting things going in new ways.

See you at Inkshed!

Wendy

Wendy Strachan PhD.
Director, Centre for Writing-Intensive Learning
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6
Office: AQ 6205
Tel: 604-291-3122