Dear colleagues,

I am writing to inform you that, for health reasons, I am resigning as editor of European Mediaeval Drama, with immediate effect. I am delighted to be able to announce that my friend and colleague Dr Alan Hindley has accepted the invitation of the Editorial Board to take over as editor. Alan has just retired from his post of Senior Lecturer in the Department of French at the University of Hull, England. He has researched widely on many aspects of mediaeval French language and literature, particularly on the morality plays, in which field he has published several articles and critical editions. Moreover, a few years ago he was the editor of the French Studies Bulletin. He is therefore ideally placed to act as the editor of a journal which publishes research, in English and in French, on all aspects of mediaeval European drama.

I have transferred to Alan copies of all material -- e-mail messages, attachments, submitted articles, files, etc. -- related to EMD, and from now onwards all correspondence relating to the journal should be sent to him at the following address: [log in to unmask]

It goes without saying that all editorial decisions taken by me in the past will be respected by Alan, and that articles that have been accepted will be published as promised. Alan will no doubt be sending you a circular to give you further information in a week or so.

I hope that from now on you will all give Alan Hindley the same kind of support that you have given me in the past. The association between the SITM and the EMD is now well established and can look forward to a prosperous future.

My apologies if you receive more than one copy of this message.

Best wishes,

Graham Runnalls

Graham A. Runnalls
Emeritus Professor and Honorary Fellow in French
University of Edinburgh, GB.

85A Colinton Road
Edinburgh, EH10 5DF, GB

+44 (0) 131 337 1737