On 4 Feb 2004 at 19:23, STANFORD BOYDEN wrote:

I found your site by way of an assignment for an Internet
Class I am currently taking.  I was not aware of such lists
and our assignment was to join two.  I chose this because
my 34 year old son was just recently diagnosed with PD.
I am still in shock and thought it might be helpful to hear
from and about others.  I am a nurse but still feel very
helpless.  Thanks.

Hi New Member Judie,  Stan,

Welcome to the "Club"...  You needn't feel helpless
anymore, we are a large diverse group and there are
many whose footsteps trod these paths before you...

You will find answers, friendship, and compassion here...

Isn't it strange how we can go through life unaware of
certain things like Parkinson's or like these ListServes
until our interest is forceably changed and suddenly
our new interest is right under our noses every day...

When I was diagnosed years ago I knew absolutely
zero about Parkinson's, knew zip about ListServes,
and now I am my own expert, post daily on more than
one forum, and have a Parkinson's website.

See Parkinson's Resources on the WWWeb...
http://www.geocities.com/murraycharters

If you click on Contents you will find lots of PD
information...

If you click on VIP links you can monitor several of
the Parkinson forums (without joining) or read the
latest Parkinson news and it's all free, I won't try
to sell you anything.... You can search the great
archived resources...

You can click on Ref Links and check the weather,
or the currency exchange, or the latest horoscope,
or some other non Parkinson's reference that I
placed there for my own conveniece and share
freely with you...

Isn't the Internet a wonderful invention?

cheers ...... murray

* * *

Murray Charters <[log in to unmask]>

Parkinson's Unity Walk - Team "Fidgety Feet"
http://www.geocities.com/murraycharters/051.html