-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Brightline
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 5:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ARTICLE: Learning To Accept Life, Not Fight It

" Chronic disease for the caretaker and caregiver is not fought with heroic
battles but small sufferings, repeated
 embarrassments, forgetfulness and confusion, repeated indignities, boring
tasks that take time and patience.
 I am impressed by our acceptance of what must be done with the good life we
still live, within increasing limitations,
 without heroism. Age and the ailments that follow do not demand heroism but
day-by-day, hour-by-hour acceptance, an
 unsung virtue we should celebrate. We are not heroes, but we have learned
to accept limitations and construct a
 productive life within its borders."

 SOURCE: Boston Globe, MA
 http://tinyurl.com/yrpjc

According to this article posted by Murray yesterday, one should learn to
accept his/her lot in life.  I find this approach to my suffering
unacceptable. Because, once you accept your lot, then there is a tendency
not to do anything about it. One will give up the fight and the will to
live. I like the advice of Dr. Lieberman.  "Fight like a tiger and think
like a fox." Even if you lose, don't go down without a fight. One should
take acceptance with a sense of challenge and fight for a better life. Do
something about it instead of succumbing to it with a defeatist mentality.
Learn more about the problem and try to improve teh situation.  Always
attempt at improving your life and learn to live the best way you can.
Raj
*****