       FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

       January 28, 2004

WEST PALM BEACH/BOCA RATON’S OFFICIAL OSCAR NIGHT®
PARTY AT BOCADORO TO BENEFIT TAKE CHARGE! CURE
PARKINSON’S, INC. (TCCP).

BOCA RATON, FL - You don’t have to live in Hollywood to experience
the excitement of Oscar Night.  Residents of South Florida can join in the
festivities
when the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences stages its 76th Academy
Awards® Presentation on Sunday, February 29, 2004, by attending the Take
Charge!
Cure Parkinson’s, Inc. Academy-sanctioned Oscar Night® America party, at
Bocadoro, one of 46 official parties being held across the country on Oscar
Night.
Honorary Chairs: Mayors Steven L. Abrams/City of Boca Raton, Jeff Perlman/
City of Delray Beach, Lois Frankel/City of West Palm Beach and Jim Naugle/
City of Fort Lauderdale. Emcee: Rose Lee Archer of the Rose Lee Archer Show.
 “We are thrilled to be holding our first annual Oscar Night® America
party at Boca Raton’s hot new restaurant, Bocadoro,” said Alison Landes,
founder
 and president of TCCP.  “We’re ready to roll out the red carpet.” Landes’
sister, Fran Landes, was diagnosed with Parkinson’s 5 years ago in her
mid-forties. Bocadoro (www.bocadoro-restaurant.com), is located in the Shops at Boca
Center at 5250 Town Center Circle on Military Trail, one mile north of
Palmetto Park Road in Boca Raton.
The Palm Beach County audience will watch the Academy Awards telecast on
large screens via WPBF-TV-25, the West Palm Beach affiliate of the
ABC Television Network, which broadcasts the Academy Awards® presentation.
ABC and the Academy are cooperating for the eleventh year with local charities
 to create these official Oscar Night viewing parties.
“Watching the Academy Awards Show is one of the great American
traditions,” said Academy Executive Director Bruce Davis.  “Since the public
 can’t come to Los Angeles to attend the Awards Presentation, we created
 Oscar Night® America, which allows these local parties to tie into the
excitement of Oscar Night and to support some very worthy causes.”
Official Oscar Night parties last year raised over $1.7 million for
local charities in 37 cities.  All money raised stays in the community; none
of it goes to the Academy.

The Academy will make available to party guests the same official program
distributed to guests seated at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland in
Hollywood, California.  Copies of the 76th Academy Awards show commemorative
poster, designed by Burton Morris, will also be available.
Guests may feel like stars themselves as they walk down the red carpet amidst
an Oscar Night atmosphere with glamour and fanfare.  The event will be
produced by
TMG Entertainment, www.tmg-intl.com, producer of the Oscar Night® America
event
in Miami, now in its 5th year.
 “We are thrilled to set the stage for our community to participate in the
Oscar® experience,” said Ian Berkowitz, a principal in Fifth Taste Concepts, the
parent company
for Bocadoro. “It will be an evening that will be unforgettable for all those
who attend.”
The cocktail reception begins at 7:30 p.m., dinner at 8:30 p.m. Bocadoro is
creating a special Oscar Menu, emphasizing cuisines of southern Europe,
including
Greece, Turkey, Spain, France, and Morocco with an emphasis on “clean cooking.
”
Guests can also join in a silent and live auction vying for boxing gloves
signed by Muhammad Ali, a signed limited edition lithograph by Ferdie Pacheco, Ali
’s fight
doctor, a week at Chris Evert Tennis Academy with room, board and lessons, a
ride
for two on the Goodyear Blimp, a Mediterranean Village Feast for 8 at
Bocadoro, and
much more.
Tickets for Oscar Night® America purchased by February 14, 2004, are $120
and after February 14, $150.   For more information about Take Charge! Cure
Parkinson’s, log on to www.cureparkinsons.org or to purchase your tickets by
credit card, call 561.620.1970. Checks can be sent to Take Charge! Cure
Parkinson’s,
Inc. at 1489 W. Palmetto Park Road, Suite 442, Boca Raton, Florida 33486.
Take Charge! Cure Parkinson’s, Inc. mission is to increase awareness and
understanding of Parkinson’s disease, improve quality of life through community
programs and services and support research efforts to find a cure.

-end-

Alison Landes
Founder/ President
Take Charge! Cure Parkinson's, Inc.