With all due respect to everyone who has contributed to the recent discussion of the existence of God, I think that the God/No God question is far less important to the subject of Parkinson's than a respectful discussion of the politics of health in the U.S., Canada, or elsewhere.

If believing in God makes it easier for some to live with the disease, fine, end of story. The rest, despite disclaimers, is intended to convince those who don't believe - that is, it is preaching. It is off-topic and comes close to being offensive. I don't want preachers showing up on my cyber door-step, Watch Tower in hand.

This is not aimed at Wendy or anybody in particular. But I think that debate about the EXISTENCE of God should be clearly labeled OT (off-topic).

Greg