From: "Greg Wasson" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 2:48 AM
Subject: Re: WendyLearning To Accept Life, Not Fight It

> With all due respect to everyone who has contributed to the recent
discussion of the existence of God, I think that the God/No God question is
far less important to the subject of Parkinson's than a respectful
discussion of the politics of health in the U.S., Canada, or elsewhere.

> If believing in God makes it easier for some to live with the disease,
fine, end of story. The rest, despite disclaimers, is intended to convince
those who don't believe - that is, it is preaching. It is off-topic and
comes close to being offensive. I don't want preachers showing up on my
cyber door-step, Watch Tower in hand.

> This is not aimed at Wendy or anybody in particular. But I think that
debate about the EXISTENCE of God should be clearly labeled OT (off-topic).