On 10 Feb 2004 at 22:40, Donna Thrash wrote:

> If you have received this twice, I apologize. Some people could not
> open the attachment.  Donna
>

> FACTS ABOUT DR. DINESH GARG:
>
> Ø       M.D., Ph.D, - Specialty is Neurological Surgery /
> Research/Scientist
>
> Ø       Naturalized U.S. Citizen early '70's  - in India 2001-2002 -
> back to U.S.in 2003
>
> Ø       Goal: to open neuro clinic for routine procedures and
> innovative methods developed to help sufferers from Parkinsons,
> CorticoBasal Degeneraation, Essential Tremor, Stroke and more.in a
> "patient-centered" setting.
>
> Ø       Prefers research - primarily as it translates into patient
> application.  Willing to show/train/coach others to do routine
> applications, using the cord cells prepared by him and the brain
> cooling method he devised with his unique designed reverse-piston
> syringe.
>
> Ø       Will have a couple physicians and surgeons running the clinic,
> while he does translational research.
>
> Ø       Chose medicine research (at PennState-Hershey), not into
> practice right away, and did not sit for board certification.  No
> problem with other surgeons using cord cells and methods he prepares.
>

> Ø       Accomplished surgeries in India with no side effects,
> morbidity, or mortality - resulting in 100% improvement enduring past
> 1 year with medications discontinued.
>
> Ø       Plans to create a small model for cost-effective care being
> provided with patient accountability offereing significant meaning to
> whole patient care.
>
> Ø       Needs investor/business partner due to own funds having been
> used for animal research in U.S. and development of definitve therapy
> in India (no NIH funds used).
>
> Ø       Life Cord USA founded for research/development of cord cells
> into functional nerve cells - sold  to 4 OB-GYN Drs. in private
> practice.
>
> Ø        Dr. Garg will be working with colleagues at Texas A&M who
> have known him for 30 years and very much interested in seeing his
> work - knowing him for his integrity and principles
>
> Ø       Believes in keeping things simple and straightforward -
> founded on the truth.

Dr. Garg has appeared on this List before (December, 2003).  I checked him
out then and determined that he is not a neurosurgeon (not even close) and
this, in my opinion, his activities are suspect.  Here follows my posting
regarding the results of my search on Dr. Garg:

I did some searching and discovered that Dr. Dinesh Garg, the neurosurgeon
touted for his new procedures involving "brain surgery", and use of stem
cells (from umbilical cord blood) with "brain cooling", does indeed hold a
New York State license to practice medicine.

He is not, however, trained or qualified as a neurosurgeon, or even as a
neurologist.  His information (in the AMA archives) is:

AMA Physician Select     (Non-Member)

    Information on:
Dinesh Kumar Garg MD

 Physicians -- Update your data
Location:
FLUSHING, NY 11355

Office Phone:
718-584-9000

 Primary Specialty (note):
INTERNAL MEDICINE

Gender:
Male

Medical School:
DAYANAND MED COLL, PUNJAB UNIV, LUDHIANA, PUNJAB,
INDIA
   Graduated 1976

Residency Training:
VET AFFAIRS MED CTR, INTERNAL MEDICINE

 Major Professional Activity:
FULL-TIME HOSPITAL STAFF

American Board of Medical Specialties Certification:
Copyright 2001 American Board of Medical Specialties. All rights reserved.
Internal Medicine

He is an internist, who is not permitted to do any kind of surgery, let
alone brain surgery, in the United States.

It has been suggested that he left New York to return to India when it was
determined that his "facility" in New York, was just a mailing address and
not a real clinic or hospital.

Again, please be cautious!

Best,

Bob

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"