I received this e-mail from Patricia Halstead
<[log in to unmask]>, who gave me permission to post in on the
list.  Possibly someone on the list can help her - I don't feel competent
to answer her.

I'm also asking her to join the list so that she can easily see the
replies.  You can do this, Patty, by following instructions on
http://members.fortunecity.com/panforum/alistsrv.html.  This site will also
lead you to other articles on the List.

Art

Here's her letter:

My Father, Edward Mihoces, Sr. (retired Police Chief in PA) had a knee
replacement about 4 years ago.  He felt fine and managed well after his
surgery.  After his second knee replacement surgery, he was diagnosed with
Parkinson's.  Is it possible that because his knee was prosthetic that his
brain could not communicate with that area and there was a malfunction in
movement?  It seemed to happen after his knee replacement.  He falls down
when he thinks he is capable of moving.  Is there a connection?  I live a
long way off from PA, on the Russian River in N. Calif.  I am so
pre-occupied by his situation and feel that there's more to it that what
he's told.  Can you help me?

--- Patricia Halstead
--- <mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]