This is interesting information, (sorry "Brightline" not sure of your name),
especially considering a direct correlation between inflammation and
worsening of symptoms of PD.

Does anyone else have any information that draws any correlation between
inflammation, autoimmune disorders and PD?  This of course may be a chicken
and egg thing, which come first or are they even related at all.  There are
many aging problems not all related to PD but our bodies work as a system
and there is always interaction.

My wife was diagnosed in her late 40's and has similar complaints, though no
frozen shoulders, looking back it was also possible to see where many of her
complaints were misdiagnosed at first.

She is now experiencing back pain, shoulder pain, neck pain and her posture
has transformed to the point where she is becoming unstable when standing.
She to uses Ibuprofen.  I did not know is caused increases in blood pressure
and weight.  I will have to look into that drug.  She also has Hashimoto's
Thyroiditis and was suspected of having a very rare disorder Hashimoto's
Encephalopathy (please forgive the spelling).  Both of these (though there
is much debate about the second) are autoimmune disorders.  The first is
where the Thyroid is attacked by the autoimmune system eventually causing it
to underperform.  The second is where the same immune system attacks the
brain and causes many symptoms.  Imagine a PWP with this problem... The
treatment that worked was high doses of steroids and then a maintenance
dose.  A great side effect during the course of treatment was an almost
total elimination of her asthma symptoms (reduction of inflammation in
lungs).  Since we have stopped the steroids it seems she is now experiencing
more pain.  I wonder if this could be inflammation you mentioned?  I will
have to speak to the neurologist about it.

Of course we have to consider the same conditions without PD.  When you
don't exercise you become stiff and more susceptible to pain, you have pain
and exercise less.  You exercise less and you lose strength.  You lose
strength you lose muscle tone.  It is a vicious cycle.  The University of
Pittsburgh had an ongoing study looking at exercise programs and PD.  It did
not take a rocket scientist to determine what the outcome was: more
exercise, less pain, better strength, better posture and fewer PD symptoms.
This was not a miracle but the effects were obvious.

Have you been participating in some kind of exercise program?  "Use it or
lose it" is always wise advice and a good course to follow.  It does take
encouragement and a few life style changes.  I am going to focus on that for
my wife.

Frank cg. Teri 52/47/40 15024