Hey Lorraine,
It is so good to hear from you on the list.  I believe I might have started
the issue of pain with PD.  Brig had and still does have  sieges with pain in
the back and down both legs, stopping at different points in the leg at
different times.  Completely confused, right, join the club.
Went to our neuros(one here in Bethlehem, and another in Philly), both have
known him for 17 years, also a neurosurgeon as well, plus our internist.  He
had a MRI done, and it did shown arthritis, etc, but we all have that.  Surgeon
will not operate, and neuros both recommended pain killers.  It has gotten
better on its own, I (Dr. Haines) still thinks it's the PD, muscles contracting
or getting tighter), but who knows.  To me, this is a subject not mentioned too
often, even thought many people are diagnosed from pain in the shoulder, leg,
arm, neck.  Seems like it would be the muscles involved.
Brig uses Motrin, and Tylenol, and they help some....I also think often,
after so many years, there are dose failures happening more than before.  Exercise
also seems to help, plus taking pills on time, instead of waiting too long
and then it is very difficult to come back.
Brig's worse pain is usually in the morning when he gets up after no Sinemet
for hours while he sleeps.  Does any of this coincide with what you have?  He
is progressing, falling off and on and not able to process sometimes....
I am going to try and go to the walk, hopefully will see you there.  It's
rather difficult, he can't sit on a bus, and that's the only way we can, no
trains run from here, and I am not driving into New York.
Gerry