Hello all,

My name is Laura and I've been a member of this list for about a year, but this is my first posting.  My 72-year old mom has had Parkinson's for over 3 years, and this list has been a great source of information, inspiration, and support to me.  She and my dad (who, at 79, has been an incredible care-giver, as well as a friend and husband for 48 years) are not computer-users, so I often print out and mail postings to them.  Thanks to all for your honest, spirited, and informative communications.

Thanks also to this listserv, I learned of the Parkinson's Unity Walk, and am happy to say I'm registered with a goal of raising $1000.  In just a few short days, I'm almost half-way there.  Signing up for the walk gave me an opportunity to reach out to friends and colleagues that I rarely discuss PD with, and the outpouring of support, in addition to generous donations, has been heartwarming to both me and my parents.  I've also since learned that two people I work with have had family members with PD -- I may have  never learned this if I hadn't reached out about the Unity Walk.  My sister responded immediately by also registering and fundraising, and other family members and friends want to walk.  I'm hopeful my mom may feel up to it as well.
(If you're interested, you can paste the web address below in your browser to view my personal Unity web page:
http://www.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=29421&u=29421-16419938&e=62432484.)

Warm wishes to all, and again, my sincere thanks,

Laura
Rosendale, NY