On 23 Feb 2004 at 17:23, Brightline wrote:

> bob:
>     I am afraid they gave me only about 20 min treatment twice a week.
>      If i
> need to have 8 h treatment, I may have to find a portable unit that I
> can takeit home.  I shall have to enqurie about this during my next
> visit. Right now, the whole city is burried under 1.5 meters of snow
> with curfew annouced by the municipality!  I was under house arrest
> for the past four dayas due to the accumulated snow in my drive way,
> 5' of snow along 100 ' of my drive way!
>         Thanks for the info.
>         Raj

Raj,

If your doctor prescribes it, you can get a unit for a "trial" (30-60 days) on a
rental basis.  The insurance should cover it.  If it works, then the rental is
converted into a purchase (and the insurance should cover that, also).  If it
doesn't help, you simply return the unit at the end of the rental period.

The "key" is getting proper instructions in the use of the device.

These units are not that expensive.  I think that purchase of them is less than
$200 (U.S.).

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
510-849-2555     FAX: 510-849-2557
<http://www.rafink.com/>
"Ex Tristitia Virtus"

Disclaimer:  That which is written in my e-mail is not to be
considered as "medical advice".  Such advice can only be
given after a formal, in-person, consultation between
doctor and patient.